Well 2016 is over. I know a lot of people are pretty thrilled about that! It was a year of big changes for the world. One thing which never changes is that people love food and cooking. People are looking online for recipe inspiration more and more which is great news for bloggers such as myself. I always find it interesting to see what my readers search for and which recipes continue to be popular every month. Quite often it isn’t what I expect. These are the top ten recipes overall from 2016 on my blog, they aren’t necessarily recipes created last year but the overriding popular posts from when I first began up until now.
1. Jamie Oliver Lasagne from The Ministry Of Food – this recipe which I can’t even claim as my own is always the most popular one on the blog and there is a good reason for that – it makes THE most incredible lasagne. The recipe is taken from the book Ministry Of Food which is one of his earlier books and encourages readers to create the recipes then pass them on or teach them to a friend or family member. I have made this lasagne so many times over the years for family and friends and everyone loves it. Give it a go.
2. Slow Cooker Hot Cross Bun & Butter Pudding – I have noticed a real increase in people visiting my slow cooker recipes this year and this one was easily my most popular. It can be made using leftover fruit loaf, pannetone or hot cross buns.
3. Jamie Oliver Epic Hot Chocolate – oh look who it is again, this hot chocolate mix makes the best hot chocolate you will ever taste… I promise you.
4. Slow Cooker Rosemary, Garlic, Lemon and Honey Chicken – another slow cooker recipe. This time a really simple and flavourful chicken dish using some of my very favourite ingredients.
5. Slow Cooker Golden Syrup Suet Pudding – this recipe really takes me back to my childhood. Its popularity on the blog skyrockets through the winter when it seems we are all on the hunt for comforting dishes.
6. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs – and the slow cooker love continues with this delicious chicken thigh recipe. It is really easy yet packed full of flavour.
7. 5 Ways With Leftover Bolognese Sauce – well this reassures me that I am not the only person who makes way too much bolognese sauce. You all loved this post I wrote telling you what you can do with your leftover sauce. The nachos will always be my favourite.
8. Beef Cobbler With Rosemary and Cheese Scones – this was my favourite meal growing up, always trying to get the extra scones from on top!
9. Indulgent Chocolate Salted Caramel Cake – I guessed this would feature in the top 10 as it was hugely popular again last year. It is proper heavy indulgence with the luxurious ganache and salted caramel sauce.
10. The Ultimate Nutella Hot Chocolate Hack – and finally..Nutella had to feature somewhere didn’t it? This hot chocolate hack seems to have caught the eye of a lot of you. I make it every time I get close to the end of a jar..which is probably far too often!
Thanks for reading and supporting the blog once again and making it possible for me to have some extraordinary opportunities over the past 12 months.
Happy New Year x