You know when you are on holiday and you see those mums who are totally put together even when they are trying to control 3 young children by the pool. It’s just looks effortless..stylish. I normally see this perfect woman in her huge designer shades.. wide brimmed hat, gorgeous swimsuit and heels ( by the pool!) whilst I am rummaging at the bottom of the baby changing bag which is acting as my handbag to find my £5 sunglasses with sticky fingerprints across the lenses amongst the squished up cheese puffs, dry wet wipes and a million nappy sacks – it makes me feel so good about myself. NOT.
My holiday style (if you am call it that) is definitely comfort over high fashion..
I can probably narrow my poolside/beach essentials down to 5 things:
* Sunglasses – to hide my sunken..forgot to remove last nights mascara badger eyes
* huge bag – I seem to need so much stuff these days
* kaftan/sarong – they hide a multitude of sins
* comfy outdoor footwear – these Zuuk’s by Hi-Tec are great for getting you to and from the pool. They’re lightweight and comfortable too, so easy to throw in your flight bag.
They have to be flat and they have to be super comfortable or I just don’t see the point
* a big floppy hat – stops me getting headaches in the sunshine, saves me having to do much with my hair and stops my hair getting fried.
So those are my super glamorous must haves..what are yours?
Maybe next year will see a new improved stylish me on my hols but I think probably not.
*this is a featured post
Speak Your Mind