This is one topic which is in every pregnancy magazine. On every pregnancy app and discussed whenever you mention labour.
What should I pack in my hospital bag?
I asked this on Twitter and here are some of the suggestions I was given:
* Energy drinks such as lucozade
* High energy snacks like Mars bars
* Maternity pads
* Breast Pads
* Tea Tree oil ( for post labour bathing)
* Hand sanitizer/Anti bac spray/wipes
* Camera/charger and memory cards
* Apple gadgets and chargers
* PJ’s/Nightie, slippers etc
* Towel and flannel
* Toothbrush and toothpaste
* Cooling spray or water spray bottle
* Nursing bra
* Big knickers/ paper pants
* Hair bands
* Wet wipes
Oh and Gin in a tin of course.
Some extras I would add to the list:
* Tens machine
* Ear plugs ( in case you are in hospital for a while before birth and need to sleep )
These are all just for you of course and you will need a separate bag for your newborn. I will post tomorrow on what I think you need for those first 24 hours in hospital for your little un.
Franglaise Mummy says
One thing I didn’t think of that I really needed & my mum fortunately had in her handbag was a hand held fan, and I gave birth in November. Totally recommend it, it’s a hot & sweaty business! Xx