1.Degustabox– a monthly subscription box of food and drink goodies delivered to your door. I’ve reviewed a number of the boxes this year and think a subscription would make an ideal gift. Fancy saving yourself £3.00? Use code K53V4
2. Westons Mulled Cider – although it’s not actually a food item I think you would struggle to find many people who don’t like this delicious, spiced mulled cider from Westons. Encased in a festive box with a easy to use tap, it’s also ideal for parties.
3. Alassala Argan Oil and Amlou Paste – Argan oil perfect for use in cooking or to drizzle over salads and Amlou paste ( a combination of toasted ground almonds and high quality Argan oil) great to top Melba toasts and crackers.
4. Cheeky Monkeys Cream Chargers – everybody loves a new gadget and if you know someone who fancies themselves as the next Heston Blumenthal why not pick up a molecular gastronomy kit?
5. Pandora Bell – the most incredible sweet treats from honey nougat to real fruit jellies and salted butter caramels. All handmade and available to order online.
6. Potash Farm Honey With Cobnuts – this Kentish honey combined with cobnuts would be fabulous in a gourmet hamper or just on its own as a little gift for someone who appreciates good food.
7. Foods of Athenry: Do you buy for anyone with a food intolerance or allergy? If so The Foods Of Athenry are the company for you. They cater for dairy free, gluten free, sugar free, wheat free, vegan and vegetarian as well as gluten free. Their products taste great whether you need to avoid certain products or not. I especially like their cookie shots!
8. Mulled Wine Spices – I’ve been incredibly impressed by two suppliers of these this year.
Firstly Green Saffron who sell an amazing tub of powder which contains everything you need to add to a bottle of red for a superb mulled wine.
Then we have a kit from JustIngredients
which contains cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, star anise, dried orange slices, cloves and a vanilla pod. It’s ever so slightly more complicated than the powered version but it’s got a wow factor which totally won over my family last weekend. It also looks very authentic in a pan which would be nice for parties – I actually made mine in a slow cooker and left on the warm setting.
Gourmet popcorn in a variety of flavours such as fiery salsa, cocoa crisp and sweet vanilla.
10. The Jelly Bean Factory:: With a multitude of flavours, colours and festive fun you can’t go wrong with some jelly beans in a foodies stocking. I always buy a tube of gourmet beans for my OH’s stocking.
11. Raisthorpe Manor: Amazing drinks from an award winning beverage producer. I love their raspberry gin.
12. Hotel Chocolat Salted Caramel & Pecan spread: A salted caramel lovers dream. Perfect spread on cakes or even toast. I especially like to heat it up and dip strawberries in it. Yum!
13.BBC Good Food Show Tickets:
I can’t imagine any food lover who wouldn’t enjoy a visit to this dazzling array of food and drink stalls. I loved every minute of my last visit.
14. Starbucks Metallic Bead Tumbler This snazzy tumbler would make a great gift for anyone who likes to look stylish while keeping their coffee hot.
15. Or maybe something a little cuter? What about this Moose Mug also from Starbucks?
Now are you buying for someone special and fancy splashing out a little more, these next three recommendations may appeal if so:
Sous Vide Supreme Demi: You will know from reading this blog just how much I love my Sous Vide Supreme and now there is a new compact version. It’s one of my favourite ever kitchen gadgets and I can’t recommend it enough. A foodie dream.
Cookery Courses At Brompton Cookery School – Brompton Cookery School which is run by celebrity chef Marcus Bean is the perfect setting for a cookery course. I was lucky enough to spend a day here learning how to create lovely bread as part of my role with the BBC Good Food Show and we decided to book into the adjoining B&B and the whole experience was amazing ( even with two poorly children in tow) I love the sound of the perfect pastry course.
Oh and did I mention the whole place is pretty as a picture?
This über multi tasking machine has 50 pre set recipes, it is a pressure cooker, rice cooker, reheater and steamer. It looks a bit like a spaceship and is really useful to both novice and experienced cooks.
*Some of the products listed were gifted to me for review purposes.