You may remember that last month I posted a photo diary of our stay in Bluestone National Park Resort. Now it’s time for our full review of our stay.
This was our 4th ( or possibly ) 5th visit to Bluestone so it’s no surprise to hear that we loved it. After all the sign of an excellent holiday is that you want to return again and again and I definitely see more visits in our future. I thought rather than a standard review it would be fun to tell you 10 reasons why we love Bluestone.
Ten Reasons We Love Bluestone
1. The accommodation – the lodges are certainly one of the highlights of the holiday. Modern, airy and an abundance of space. Even the smallest lodge has plenty of room and a fully stocked kitchen with all of the gadgets, pans and utensils that you need for an easy holiday. Towels and white crisp bedding is included as well as all of the basic cleaning products you need such as dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid and bin bags. There are TV and DVD players in each lodge and also WIFI for those that wish to stay connected.
How I loved to fall into this bed at night…
2. The Blue Lagoon Waterpark – an all season waterpark with slides, children’s pools and a lazy river. The waterpark has great facilities for families including large changing rooms so you don’t have to squish into a tiny cubicle.
3. Eating In/Out – during all of our stays we have tried most of the food options on offer at Bluestone from The Wildwood cafe to the pizza takeaway service whilst lazing in our lodge and we have thoroughly enjoyed each one. There is something great after a long day of swimming, cycling and general running around to be able to just laze on the sofa and order in.
4. Bike Hire – we have a small car without a bike rack so we can’t take our own bikes on holiday but Bluestone have got you covered with bike, child seat and trailer hire available to book prior to your stay and directly at the resort (subject to availability). On our last stay we hired 2 adult bikes along with a trailer for the girls and we had an absolute whale of a time with them.
5. The Surroundings – set in 500 acres of picturesque Pembrokeshire countryside, there are lakes and woodland in abundance. Aside from the immediate area you then also have the incredibly beautiful area of West Wales to explore with beaches galore, pretty little towns, petting farms and theme parks practically on your doorstep.
6. The Well Spa – I can’t actually say we loved this as only I visited but I certainly do. The luxurious spa is a haven for adults who need a little break and don’t we all? I spend an incredibly peaceful two hours in the spa during my last stay and I will definitely rebook next time I go. From the relaxation rooms and thermal spa rooms to the outdoor pool each area is perfectly designed and wraps you up in a warm ( or cool ) embrace. I felt so much more relaxed on leaving.
7. The Adventure Centre – we visited this area at least once a day. It houses a bouncy castle, soft play, mini golf course, climbing frames, baby sensory and much more.
8. Ever friendly staff – people often underestimate the power of great customer service but every time we have stayed there this is exactly what we have received. First class service, happy, caring and knowledgeable staff. Every person we encountered from the cleaners to the management and the incredibly cheerful shuttle driver seem to take enormous pride in their work.
9. Camp Smokey – I know I’ve already mentioned the food and drink but Camp Smokey is an experience more than a restaurant. Set in the middle of the woodland it is a treehouse style dining area with an enclosed fire pit for you to toast your own marshmallows. We visited twice on our last stay for s’mores and marshmallow kebabs and it was just perfect. Izzys face lit up when she saw it and it just felt like we were in a different world.
10. FREE RANGE FUN – this is possibly the most important of all of the 10 reasons to love Bluestone. To see your children run around in the fresh air away from all the fuss of modern technology to not hear them moan about watching another episode of Peppa Pig and instead be happy to just tire themselves out completely in the fresh air, cycling, playing, exploring and discovering. I know you can do this at home but it’s so much more fun at Bluestone and for your children it’s new and exciting.
There are a hundred and one more reasons why you should go to Bluestone and as always with any of my blog posts if you have any questions feel free to pop me a message or leave me a comment.
* Our stay at Bluestone was free for the purpose of a review.