I apologise for yet another lyric inspired blog title but it seemed apt with the 80’s vibe at this years Camp Bestival.
Can you believe it’s only 5 days away? WOOP.
We are getting pretty excited here and I’m sure if you are attending you are too..if you aren’t attending..WHY? There are still ( a small) amount of tickets left so if by the end of this post you simply have to buy some then click here to visit the Ticketline site.
I’ve started writing my must take list which seems to have grown from last year. I won’t share it all with you but here are a few of my absolute essential for this years festival:
* Ear defenders – if you have a baby/young child these are an absolute must.
* Readybed – as Izzy is a little older this year we have decided to take a Readybed with us.. They look incredibly cosy and have raised sides to stop your little un from tumbling out in the night. We were provided with one courtesy of Worlds Apart and I look forward to telling you what we thought on our return.
* Snacks – this year we plan on buying most of our meals at the festival for two reasons:
1. I feel pretty rubbish still and I want to take it easy as much as possible
2. The food line up looks awesome.
However we will still be taking lots of snacks and soft drinks with us as costs do mount up.
*Warm things – blankets,cosy clothes for nights outside your tent. It may have been pretty hot lately but in the middle of the night with just some canvas over you it can get chilly.
* Camping stove – to make cups of hot chocolate. No Pimms for me this year 🙁
* Nappies/wet wipes (lots of) and travel potty – we have just started on the magical journey of toilet training so we are very lucky to have a Potette Plus travel potty to review at Camp Bestival.
* Calpol/ paracetamols/plasters/sudocrem etc – because if you don’t take them you will need them.
* Tent/air beds etc – we don’t need a tent this year as we are GLAMPING ..wooooop. Normally I love camping but this year I will be 6 months pregnant and I want easy. We have booked a Tipi Tent with Hearthworks and it looks pretty fabulous. When we last spoke they had some amazing offers for Tipi Tents at just £299 if you haven’t booked anything yet.
* Clothes for all weather – festival weather is never predictable.
* Camera/batteries/charger etc – there is so much going on and you will want to record it all.
There are about a million other things on my list and much more I have missed myself .. The lovely @aresidence has a great packing list on her blog so take a look over there.
Anyway enough about packing what are we going to do when we arrive!??
*Some relaxing on cushions at the Soul Dome 360 cinema ..
*Taking in the circus show at Bigtopmania…
*Being generally dumbstruck in awe at The Wall of Death and their crazy antics. We LOVED this last year and highly recommend it… Ear defenders needed for little uns.
*As Izzy is now in love with paint/crayons/chalk etc we will definitely take a trip to Art Town…
*We will (hopefully) relax on the grass and listen to The Levellers, The Proclaimers, Richard Hawley and loads of others as well as popping into the Bollywood tent for Barry Ashworth of Dub Pistols.
*Listen to the melodic voice of Howard Marks with his new spoken word show: Scholar, Smuggler, Prisoner, Scribe. An incredibly interesting man – really looking forward to this.
*Clambering to the front of the stage for a glimpse of the legendary Mr Tumble. He is my daughters hero and I think the look on her face when she seems him in the flesh will be incredible…
All this plus tons more music another 90 or so free activities for kids and of course the Young British Foodies tent featuring Gourmet Chorizo, Anna Maes Mac n Cheese, Pizza Pilgrims plus Doukan Moroccan and loads more. Ahh foodie bliss and that’s without the heavenly WI cake tent, the masses of food stalls all around the festival. You could try Churros, chapatis, nookie bars, pies, Ice cream, burritos or a good old burger. Spoilt for choice.
Last but not least I’m sure we will visit the soft play at some point and if it all gets a bit much we can chill in The Soul Park and maybe get my bump painted 😉
If you see me please come say hello.. I’m easy to spot with my ginormous belly.