It’s very nearly time for the BBC Good Food Summer Show in the NEC Birmingham. The Good Food Show is one of my favourite foodie events of the year..there are what seems like THOUSANDS of brands selling their wares and thrusting samples in front of your face – it would be rude to say no. There is even a plethora of celeb chefs each year giving demonstrations in the Supertheatre and I love to get up close with my favourite chefs – it feels entirely different to watching them on telly.
There are also book signing opportunities so check out the website to see if your favourite chef is there and take your books to be signed!
Today I am sharing with you 10 stalls I think you should visit at this years show and at the end of the post I am giving away a pair of tickets to one lucky winner!
1. Crafty Devil Brewery Stand F310– its their first year at the show and if you like your ale or have a loved one who does then you need to go and check them out. They are based in Cardiff and started selling their products on the market and food festival scene before opening their own bottle shop which now conveniently hosts the fabulous Dusty Knuckle Pizza in its backyard! We have tried a few of their beers ( or ales – I am a bit clueless and never know what to call it! ) and I like their Devils Knuckle the best.
2. Debbie & Andrews Sausages Stand F685
A brand we use a lot at home so if they are new to you I definitely recommend popping along to try out some of their sausages. Gluten free too!
3. Urban Herbs Stand F505
Urban Herbs have such a massive selection of herbs from chocolate mint to lime basil and more besides. I had a well spent 15 minutes stroking and smelling all of the herbs last year!
4.Farrington Oils F175
I love the Mellow Yellow rapeseed oil, it makes the most gorgeous mayo and also really good for roast potatoes.
5. Fudge Kitchen Stand F179
The fudge kitchen stall really needs no more of a temptation to visit other than their sea salt fudge! Go try some then see if you can resist buying some!
6. Mrs Crimble’s Stand F90
We love Mrs Crimble’s products but we can’t always find the full range in our local supermarkets and they offer so much more than just macaroons. We really like their new Madeleines which are also dairy, gluten and soya free.
7.QCumber Stand F466
This incredibly refreshing cucumber flavoured drink is perfect for Gin based cocktails but equally good alone.
8. Sytch Farm Studios Stand F177
I spent quite a long time standing and lusting over the absolutely beautiful pieces on offer at the Sytch Farm stand last year. They make really special dishes and crockery that is ALMOST too pretty to use.
9. The Brownie Bar Stand F610
I know some people feel brownies are so commonplace these days that they are hardly something worth going on about but The Brownie Bar have perfected their bakes. They are utterly delectable.
10. The Garlic Farm Stand F896
The Garlic Farm products are some of my favourite kitchen condiments. The chutneys and black garlic are delicious and I also love their smoked garlic bulbs and their garlic mayonnaise. If you are a fellow garlic obsessive go and buy everything in sight..then send me some.
I am really sad to say that I don’t think I can make it to the show this year due to family obligations but I do have a fabulous competition below for you to win a pair of tickets and please tell me ALL about it if you do go. If you don’t win you can use discount code BL20 to get 20% off your tickets.
* I am a BBC Good Food Show Official Blogger and as such when I attend the shows my tickets are complimentary.
Dave Burke says
I love the good food show. Hoping to try some devil knuckles as I like the name! lol
Hoping it’s as good as the Foodies Festival.